Meeting Minutes 1/16/13
Meeting called to order by Bob Doiron at 6:57
- No Report
Vice Presidents Report
- So schedule posted yet, so no promotions
- Current cash flow is negative, but should pick up soon
Activities Director’s Report
- Our annual Awards Banquet is scheduled for Feb. 16. Info posted on the website
- Schedule as of Jan 16: Autox Dates are as follows: 4/7 (Members only Test n’ Tune), 4/21, 5/5, 5/19, 6/9, 6/23, 7/7, 7/20 (CART Picnic), 7/21, 8/4, 8/18, 9/8, 9/22, 10/6, 10/20
- Track days are as follows: June 20 – LRP, August 24- Pocono North
- We may have a possible new lot in Windsor Locks, CT. We will keep you posted.
- Also may have a different lot at Mohegan Sun for 2013.
Board of Directors
- At the last BOD meeting, we came to a decision for the 2012 Worker of the Year (will be announced at the Awards Banquet)
- Price for autocross events will stay the same for 2013
- We will try a new bumping method. Please refer to the website for my information.
- No merch has been sold recently
- Darlene Pocock has volunteered to take over as Merchandise Chair for 2013! Thank you!!!
- THANK YOU’s go out to Paul and Debbie Omichinski for the wonderful CART Christmas Party!
- We made a 1000 dollar donation to Mohegan Sun
- We are getting more information on new Timing/Displays for the 2013 season. The price is around 4000.
- A Motion was made to vote on the “Emergency Fund”. The motion was defeated 15-4
- We are considering an additional event this summer called: Run Your Socks Off.
- This event is targeted at those drivers who would like to maximize their seat time on an autocross course. Half hour back to back sessions. You do your run and you line back up.
- During a session 10 drivers will be working, 10 drivers driving and 10 drivers taking a break before they do their working session. The event will be capped at 30 drivers. This event is not for novice drivers. You will need to get your novice walk-through during a regular event.
- This is an official CART event and counts as attendance for member in good standing. However it will not count as a point’s event. Because of the small group there will be no classes and only FTD takes a trophy.
- The event will run from 11 till 3:30. Per session we expect each driver to get about 10 runs, 30 runs for the entire day.
- Also recorded times are not guaranteed. We will run even if the computer goes down.
- To cover the expenses the entry fee is slightly higher at $60 (regardless if you are a member, officer or non member). You’ll be able to register online at which time payment is due.
- If this sounds like an event you would be interested in, please let us know on the website poll!
- The dues and fees for 2013 were voted to stay the same.
- Although we nominated for the 2013 Board of Director Elections, the elections are not until March, so we will take nominations at the February meeting. We apologize for the confusion.
- We had a few new members that were voted in! Welcome Dave Annelli, Tim Tussing, and Luke Tussing!
Meeting adjourned at 7:53