- C.A.R.T. maintains a good neighbor policy: any competitor or crew found driving in the pits or on the street in an unsafe manner will be ejected, and forfeit any fees paid. Vehicles that are judged to be too loud will receive one warning to correct the problem before they will not be allowed to run. Drivers exhibiting unsafe driving skills on or off the property will be banned from events.
- Registration closes promptly at 9:30 a.m. Any entry after that time cannot be accepted.
- Any car (street legal or race) may compete. No trucks, SUV’s motorcycles or shifter carts can compete.
- Cars are classed per SCCA rules. (Stock cars are allowed any tire / wheel combination that is contained within the wheel well. A minimum tire treadware rating of 140 is required )
- Car number and class must be clearly marked on the car. Car numbers shoulde be 8 inches high, class letters should be 4 inches.
- Minimum age to compete is 18 years old for non club member participants and 16 years old for paid club members (any club members 16 and 17 years old must be accompanied by a paid member parent and have a waiver signed by said parent prior to competing). All drivers must have a valid driver’s license. (We do check!)
- Helmets are required. We have a limited supply of loaner helmets available at autocross events. You will be required to purchase a headsock ($2.00) to use the loaner helmets. Every helmet must have a DOT or Snell M or SA rating and proof of being manufactured within the last 10 years. Helmets must be in good condition (no cracks)
- Apparel – We suggest long sleeve shirts and long pants be worn when driving in this event. The material should be 100% cotton. Close toed shoes are required for all participants, no sandals, please.
- All cars must be in good mechanical condition. This includes brakes and mechanically secured battery (no elastic cord). All cars must be muffled to a level determined by the Event Chair or any Officer.
- All attendees will be required to work at least one work shift per event. Failure to work your assigned shift will result in loss of ALL recorded times. Multiple violations will result in an entrant being banned from our events.
- This is a non-spectator event. Only drivers and “crew” allowed. No pets, and please remove all your trash when you depart.
- We broadcast event times on FM radio. Bring a portable radio and stay in touch with the event. You can also access your times via a smartphone. Connect to the “CARTCT” network at the event and enter the URL on the side of the trailer into your phone’s browser.
We welcome novices and other first time participants. A walk through with instruction and tips is held before the drivers meeting for novices by a CART instructor and an instructor will ride with you on your first run.
New to Autocross? Never run with CART before? Haven’t run with us this year?
Registration is easy.
1) Get a car number and car classification from the person at the rear of the trailer. Once you have a number, this will be your number for this year, and you can skip this stop at subsequent events.
2) Go to the “passenger” side of the trailer, and have your car number and information entered into the timing computer. You must do this at each event.
3) Go to the “driver’s” side of the trailer to pay your entry fee, get your wristband, and your work assignment. You will not be allowed to run without a wristband. The wristband you received at the gate allows you to be on the premises, you need a different wristband to compete.
Already have a number for the season, and want to print it out on plain paper to tape to your car? Download this word document and replace the ###’s with your number, change the font size to as large as your printer will handle by typing the font size in the font size box on the tool bar and print it. C.A.R.T car number
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM Registration – CART MEMBERS Drivers Fee $30.00 | Non-members Fee $35.00. You must have a current year CART issued car number to register. Car numbers are issued at the registration trailer in separate line from regular registration. Your vehicle will be classed at that time, please be prepared to inform us of modifications or changes to your car. If you already know your car’s class, it will speed up the process.
- 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM Vehicle Safety Inspection
- 10:15 AM – Novice Walk
- 10:30 AM – Mandatory Driver & Crew Meeting EVERYONE PRESENT ON THE LOT MUST ATTEND
- 11:00 AM – First car off. CART does not run in heats, we use a numerical running order.
- Trophy presentation on site after the event
Have questions, use our Contact Us form.