C.A.R.T. Track Days 2017
In 2017, CART will sanction the following track day events:
Pocono South Course – September 2, 2017
The home of the Team Relay, C.A.R.T. will be joining with the NER-SCCA event for a SATURDAY event. The day includes both a Time Trial and a Team Relay. Can you drive and count to 5? Prove it at Pocono.
Event cost: $275.00
Thompson Speedway May 6, 2017 & September 23, 2017
At the newest and one of the oldest road courses in New England, C.A.R.T. will be joining with the NER-SCCA for a SATURDAY event. The day includes both Open Track Time and a Time Trial.
Event cost: $320.00
You do not need to be a member of C.A.R.T. to register and participate in our track events. A one day membership to the NER-SCCA is included in the 2017 event price.
- What do you need to run? You will need a safe car. You vehicle does not to be road legal, but it does need working brake lights, not have visible rust holes, fluid leaks etc. Participants will be required to certify that their car is mechanically sound at inspection. C.A.R.T. will perform a basic safety check the day of the event. You will need a helmet with a current or one previous Snell certification, and the helmet must be less than 10 years old from date of manufacture. You will need to have closed toe shoes, a long sleeve cotton or fire resistant shirt, and long cotton or fire resistant pants.We will classify the drivers on the basis of experience. All drivers who are running with C.A.R.T. for the first time will be classified as Novices. The instructors will then class you based on their observations. We have 3 levels of classification: Novice, Experienced and Advanced
Novices– As the name implies are drivers who have little or no on-track experience at the facility we’re running at, or are first time drivers with C.A.R.T. Instruction is available throughout the day for those who would like it, and an initial level of instruction is provided to all who have not run with CART previously, or at that particular track. We try to provide 1 instructor / 3 novices, and usually are able to meet that ratio. The instructors make themselves available all day to their students.
Experienced– Drivers who have some experience with on track driving and / or the track we’re at. Advanced drivers with less powerful vehicles may also choose to run in the experienced group.
Advanced– Drivers who have been judged by the C.A.R.T. instructors as being able to advance to our highest level of track drivers. This group consists of track veterans, driving higher powered vehicles than the experienced level drivers.
- Can you drive and count to five? Try the Team Relay and find out!
TEAM RELAY POCONO
- How will it work? Each team will be assigned a Team number (1-10) and will be assigned a starting time based on the times run at that event’s timed portion. The team with the slowest combined time will start first then second slowest, etc. . . . All rules that apply to the practice sessions apply to the team relay. Breaking the rules will constitute team disqualification. Each driver has to complete five consecutive laps. If a driver does less than five, he will have to go out again to make up the missing laps. If he runs more than five laps, he will be subject to intense harrassment in the pits for his failure to be able to count, and the extra laps do not count. First team to cross after completing the assigned number of laps the finish line wins. Up to 10 teams can participate. Five drivers make a team. Anyone participating can submit a team. A driver can be on one team only. A team roster shall be turned in by 11 a.m. or you may be assigned a team by the organizers. Team List should include the team Manager and the car number/Make/Model/ name of each driver. Each team must pick a team manager. The manager shall select the order in which each driver will compete. If more than 5 teams sign up, there will be two relay groups and a runoff for the winner of each section. The run off will be 15 laps, three laps for each driver. At the year end banquet, the Bill Evans Team Relay Perpetual Trophy will be presented to representatives of the overall winning relay team.
- Pocono accomodations are available at the Best Western Inn at Blakeslee, PA. (570) 646-6000 or at the Blakeslee Inn in Blakeslee, PA. (570) 646-1100. Space at both hotels is limited, be sure to make your reservations in advance.
SCHEDULE (subject to change without notice)Check-in Please check in before going to Technical inspection. You must show a valild drivers license. 7:00 AM – 8:00 AMTechnical and Safety Inspection 7:15 – 8:15 AMMandatory Drivers Meetings
All drivers and crew 8:00AM
Practice Sessions Begin * 9:00 AM
Timed Runs Begin 2:30 PM
Awards Presentations 5:00 PM
* Practice sessions consists of approximately 20 cars each. When we say 20 cars each, that means that there will be 20 cars out on the track at one time. We have many slots open so register now!
Corner Workers – We welcome volunteers as corner workers. If you would like to volunteer to be a corner worker, E-mail Jay Bode
Warning; These events fill quickly so register now!
FOR MORE INFORMATION Click here to go to our Time Trial Contact Form
NOTICE: REGISTRATIONS SENT VIA EXPRESS MAIL WILL BE REFUSED
C.A.R.T. Track Days Rules
CONNECTICUT AUTOCROSS & RALLY TEAM, INC. TRACK DAY RULES
REGISTRATION: Cancellations must be made by two weeks prior to the event. Remember we run rain or shine!
NEW 2/03 – All drivers will receive an automatic, one-day, non-voting membership in C.A.R.T. as part of your registration. This membership applies only to that day’s event.
TRACK DAY RULES & INFORMATION
We ask your cooperation in being at the track as close to 7:30 A.M. as possible. Check in at registration so we know you’re here and the park, clean-out and ready your car. Please get to tech inspection quickly so we can get you on the track as soon as possible.
We also ask you’re assistance in providing us with “volunteers” to help with corner working. – friends, grown children, ex-spouses, whatever…. If we come up short drivers must work
AND REMEMBER…C.A.R.T. RUNS RAIN OR SHINE
Time Schedule General Rules & Safety Equipment Practice Runs Car Classes
C.A.R.T. Track Days Safety Rules
HELMETS: Helmets are required (sorry no loaners). Every helmet must have Snell M or SA rating and proof of being manufactured within the last 10 years. Helmets must be in good condition (no cracks)
CLOTHING: Long-sleeved clothes made of non-melting cloth (cotton or NOMEX) and closed toed shoes are a requirement. At Lime Rock, this also applies to anyone in the PIT area or working a corner.
RESTRAINTS: Safety harnesses are reccommended, but not required if the vehicle is equipped with a factory restraint system. All cars must have metal-buckled seat belts in good condition with no cuts or abrasions. All cars must have shoulder harnesses. “Y” belts will not be allowed if the “Y” joint is sewn.
ROLL BARS AND CAGES: All open cars must be equipped with a SCCA or CART approved roll structure. A factory style hardtop is reccommended. The roll stucture must be properly and strongly fastened, and be two inches above the driver’s helmet. All modified class cars must be equipped with a SCCA or CART approved roll cage. Modified cars are defined as any car running non DOT approved racing tires, or any car that has been modified / altered to the point where it can no longer be registered for street use in the state of Connecticut and is competing in ANY “modified” class.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Drivers of all modified automobiles shall be equipped as follows:
A. Drivers suits made of fire resistant material.
B. Gloves made of leather or fire resistant material.
C. Socks & Shoes made of fire resistant material.
D. Drivers with beards and or mustaches shall wear a face shield (Head Sock) of fire resistant material
E. Fire systems: It is highly recommended that all cars in the modified classes have fire systems.
F. It is recommended that all vehicles be equipped with tow hooks in case of incident or on track vehicle failure.
NEW 2/03 – At Lime Rock Park Only – Anyone in the Pit area or working a corner must wear long sleeve shirt, long pants and closed toe shoes while in these areas.
RIMS: Multi lug pattern rims allowed with approval prior to the event.
TIRES: Must be in good condition with no defects and good tread. Higher than normal air pressure is recommended for street tires. Air is available at the track. If you are not sure about pressures, ask instructors for a ballpark starting point.
MUFFLERS: Required at Lime Rock only. Lime Rock will not allow steel wool or tin cans to lower reading! Cars will be monitored throughout the day; anyone can be subject to dismissal for exceeding noise standards. There will be no refunds for failed db. test or dismissal.
SUSPENSION: Will be checked for ball joints and bearing wear; a floor jack may be used. Be sure to tighten all lugs. All lug nuts / studs must be in place. Lug nuts should be re-torqued after each run.
REAR VIEW and SIDE VIEW MIRRORS: Mandatory on all vehicles.
NUMBERS: Car numbers should be clearly visible to all course workers. The numbers should be a minimum of 8 inch high and of a contrasting color. The numbers must be places on both sides of the car (the door). Vinyl number may be placed on the side glass. ( the color white cannot be used). If you forget your number ask registration personal to purchase new or additional numbers.
For cars with two drivers (Two numbers), only one number will be allowed on the car at one time on the track. Have the number(s) on the car before tech. Contact paper works best. Competitors shall provide their own numbers, 8” in height, however; numbers may be purchased for a small fee at the event at the registration table. Masking or duct tape will not be allowed. Any numbers applied to side windows must be yellow in color.
NOVICES – We REQUIRE a large letter “N” on the rear of your car to signify that you are a novice. We define a Novice as any driver who is a first time participant in a C.A.R.T. Track Day. Experianced drivers may be granted an exception from being classed as a novice at the discretion of the Event Chairperson.
LIGHTS: All cars are required to have rear brake lights in working order
TRACK AREAS: All competitors will keep their cars parked in the paddock area. The only time a car should be on the pit lane is while entering and exiting a practice group. There will be absolutely no servicing of cars on the pit lane at any time during the day. All work must be performed in the paddock area only.
TECH INSPECTION: You should have a qualified mechanic before coming to the track should inspect All cars. A tech. form will be handed out to you at Registration, which will be checked -off as you go through the trackside tech inspection.
The car must be presented to tech ready to run. This includes: tech sheet, numbers applied, all forward facing lights taped, interiors completely cleaned out, mufflers on, helmet available, etc. Cars without these items completed will be asked to return through tech again when they are completed. Please save us all some time and be ready the first time through. Convertibles must be equipped with a 4 point SCCA approved roll bar. A factory style hardtop is reccommended.
OVERALL CONDITION OF THE CAR: Cars must be in good mechanical condition. Cleanliness is most important inside and out. All forward-facing lights must be taped. Brake lights (mandatory for all cars) must work. All loose articles in interior and trunk must be removed or securely fastened. Any wheel covers, trim rings, etc. must be removed.
Any rust areas will be inspected for safety, structural strength and to insure that no metal or other materials will fall off on the track.
NOTE: We do not require fire extinguishers and do not recommend them because most brackets are not strong enough to secure them in a crash. It then becomes another missile flying around the passenger compartment.
The CONNECTICUT AUTOCROSS & RALLY TEAM, INC. expects sportsmanlike conduct from everyone involved. Under no circumstances will liquor, alcohol or drugs be consumed anywhere on the grounds.( liquor, alcohol after 5:00 PM ) Anyone caught in violation will be expelled from further competition that day. C.A.R.T. also has a Track Day Championship. To enter you must be a member. REMEMBER: All drivers must check-in at registration whether you pre-register or not. This is the only place you will get your Tech. Inspection sheet (without it , you do not get through Tech) , and also you will get your Practice Group assignment ( A ,B , or C ).
Please cooperate with us to ensure a safe, enjoyable day for everyone involved…Think!
A list of motels can be obtained by writing the track:
Pocono Accomodations: The Blakeslee Inn Rte 940 Blakeslee PA (570) 646-1100 or Best Western Blakeslee, RTE 115 Blakeslee PA (570) 646-6000